Sunday, September 29, 2013

Make A Photo Look Vintage In Picasa

This is a really easy one. In fact, a lot of photo editors allow you to make a photo look "vintage" at the push of a button. But today I want to teach you to it with a bit more realism. First select a photo with no obvious "modern day stuff" in the background. Anything from cars to windows that look modern should NOT be in the photo. Your cellphone or watch? Taken them and set them to the side.

For my photo I wore a vintage style dress. I chose a solid wall as my background and bed/blankets as my setting. You won't really be able to tell the blankets are modern once I'm done.

I started by going to "Tuning" in Picasa. I set the Shadows Level to halfway.


Once I've done this, I convert the photo to Sepia.


Now add film grain at the max level.


Ta-da! What a nice vintage-style photo you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment